In December, Amazon, Apple, Google, and the Zigbee Alliance announced a new working group that plans to develop and promote the adoption of a new, royalty-free connectivity standard. The benefits of this could include:
- increased compatibility among smart home products
- Security as a fundamental design principle
- Reliable and seamless smart home devices
- Simplify manufacturer’s development
- Communication across devises and apps
Why is this is good thing? See what the Zigbee Alliance has to say about standards.
Read the full announcement and see FAQs at the Project Connected Home Over IP website.